Meeting Name: Integrated Care and Support Solihull (ICASS)
Date of Meeting: 2nd May 2014
Key Points of Wider Interest Discussed:
- Discussion took place around the PwC Case for Change document which highlighted the large potential budget deficit (which in reality may increase) and how that gap could be closed.
- The Better Care Fund (BCF) plan has now been assessed and has been rated green with the exception of one area. On this basis the plan has not been given full sign-off and these need to be reviewed by mid-June when submitted to ministers. If not signed off then it will become part of June-Sept round.
Prevention & Early intervention.
- Dementia strategy event held on 19/5.
- Draft Carers strategy to be launched during carers week in June.
- Age UK befriending service review has been commissioned and will focus on 2 GP practices.
Out of hospital
- Main focus is bedded intermediate care with business case at June board.
- Contract discussion around virtual wards/community nursing taking place with HEFT to discuss community nursing review and service specification.
- Dementia. Chris Howell and Emma Tella meeting to discuss way forward with closure of ward 10. Project group to be formed. There are risks as to how the project moves forward as it is dependent on ERG outcome.
- Positive feedback received around rationalisation of beds/integrated discharge with earlier/fewer excess days in hospital at both Solihull and Good Hope.
- Urgent care redesign consultation now closed.
- Elective care redesign – plans to transfer elective surgery to Solihull by end 2014. Implementation Board to make commitment to consult to make change in 2015.
Mental health Transformation
- Discussion about the workstreams. Meeting to take place outside group to undertake scoping.
- Links established with Birmingham and Solihull Older People’s Workforce Integration Programme.
- Meeting of Performance group agreed to develop 10 measures of a health system (these will include the BCF metrics).
Kings Fund Support Days
- Following the 1st April “event” it was evident that “trust” needs to be built between primary and secondary care. If workforce are not on board they will not deliver.
- Meeting to discuss how to develop clinical/programme engagement with proposals to be brought to June Board.
- Membership for group discussed particularly around primary care representation. To be revisited in a couple of weeks.
Potential Follow Up Action/Discussion/Feedback Required:
Date of Next Meeting: 5th June 2014
Name and Contact No of Rep Completing: Martin Wright