Date of Meeting:
15th July 2014
Key Points of Wider Interest Discussed:
- The Board’s financial budget remains a concern. Discussions have been had with the Adult Safeguarding Board to look at how to jointly make the best use of resources, possibility of sharing support staff. Proposals will be emailed out for consideration and hopefully agreement.
- Chris Palmer gave an update on Early Help developments. Hard copies of the strategy were given out at The partnership event on June 5th, but can also be accessed online http://www.solihull.gov.uk/Portals/O/Partnership/SolihullEarlyhelpStrategy.pdf
Significant progress made with some schools around developing Early Help Plans –example from Windy Arbor School shared.
- As part of the Local Offer for 0-5 year olds there will be changes to Children’s Centre provision (only 30% of families access this at present) – there will be an invitation to tender for the revised provision in the Autumn.
- Figures regarding attendance at CP Conferences were discussed – Attendance of professionals from Health were highlighted as being poor, particularly GPs –looking at how to remedy this. Also the lack of reports being made for the conferences, and the correct template not being used.
- There is still a lack of Level 2 Safeguarding trainers –recognition made that DIAL have contributed to this.
- SMBC is working with Children and Young People to co-produce a new engagement strategy which will be published in the Autumn to ensure they are involved in decision making and their views are taken seriously.
Potential Follow Up Action/Discussion/Feedback Required:
- Cascade the Early Help Strategy : link above
- Cascade the attached checklist for signs of Child Sexual exploitation :
Date of Next Meeting: September 16th 2014
Name and Contact No of Rep Completing:
0121 779 3865