Talent Match is a 5 year programme, equipping 1000 long-term unemployed young adults (18-24) across Birmingham and Solihull with the skills to sustain employment. The programme is funded by the Big Lottery Fund and the local partnership is led by BVSC with Solihull SUSTAiN.
We aim to achieve…
- By May 2018, 1000 young adults will access Talent Match support with at least 50% entering the paid work experience option for at least 6 months.
- Each year, 70% of participants report improvements in skills, confidence, and self-perception as a result of involvement in paid work experience & complementary volunteering placements with local charities.
- 150 young adults specifically access enterprise mentors and business support and as a result, by May 2018, 100 of these are self-employed and/or engaged in local enterprise & social enterprise.
- By May 2018, at least 200 TM participants are in sustainable paid employment with 100 local employers, and both groups actively share their positive TM experience with peers and policymakers
Talent Match can work with 18-24 year olds living in Birmingham or Solihull who have been out of employment or training for at least 12 months.
In particular, Talent Match Birmingham & Solihull can offer support to:
- Care leavers
- People with learning difficulties or disabilities
Further details from