Meeting Name: LSCB
Date of Meeting: 14th July 2015
Key Points of Wider Interest Discussed:
- LSCB Annual report has been drafted and will be issued imminently.
- LSCB are linking in with the Active Engagement strategy to ensure views of more children/young people are considered.
- Concern that change of thresholds for referrals to Children’s Social care team for formal intervention may leave some families vulnerable so a small audit will be conducted on cases which have not been accepted.
- West Midlands CSE Regional framework for joint working between Police and LAs agreed by Solihull.
- Future Section 11 audits (assessing agencies compliance with Safeguarding requirements) will incorporate Domestic Abuse standards.
- LSCB Communication strategy will be launched at the Annual Conference on 12th November at The Motor Cycle museum.
I am stepping down from VCSRG and consequently the LSCB representative post. I am happy to attend the next LSCB meeting to introduce my successor.
Date of Next Meeting: 15th September 2015
Name and Contact No of Rep Completing:
0121 779 3865