The Healthwatch Solihull service has now re-commenced its operations in full.
Until at least March 2017, the Healthwatch Solihull service has been commissioned by the Council to be provided by a partnership of local organisations under the leadership of Colebridge Trust’s Solihull SUSTAiN team based at the The Core in Solihull Town Centre.
The other partners, Citizens Advice Solihull Borough (CASB), DIAL Solihull, Experts By Experience – Solihull and Independent Advocacy, will work with SUSTAiN to ensure that the Healthwatch Solihull functions, ie to:
- Gather views and understand the experiences of people who use services, carers and the wider community.
- Make people’s views known, promoting and supporting the involvement of people in the commissioning and provision of local care services and how they are scrutinised.
- Make the views and experiences of people known to Healthwatch England (and to other local Healthwatch organisations), and provide a steer to help it carry out its role as national champion.
- Recommend investigation or special review of services via Healthwatch England or directly to the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
- Provide information (signposting) about access to services and support for making informed choices.
- Make arrangements for supporting local people with any complaints they may wish to progress in relation to NHS service provision through referral to a third party contracted by the local authority expressly for these purposes.
Colleagues across the Voluntary and Community Sector are asked to please help to promote this by letting service users know that anyone who has feedback about their experience with health and social care service in Solihull, wishes to make a formal complaint about their experience or requires information about access to services can contact Healthwatch Solihull:
- In person via the Community Information and Advice Hub at The Core between 10am and 3pm Monday to Friday;
- By telephone on 0121 704 7861 between 10am and 3pm Monday to Friday;
- Via email to email@example.com at any time;
- Via the Healthwatch Solihull website, www.healthwatchsolihull.org.uk at any time.