This course is intended to develop and improve your computer skills beyond beginners. Learners should be comfortable using a computer, have previous experience of using the internet, email and are able to write, save and retrieve a document. It is a natural progression for learners who have completed a Beginners Computer course.
At the beginning of the course we usually agree a programme with the whole class. Popular topics include:
- Word Processing – spell check, text boxes, copy & pasting
- Spreadsheets – accounts, databases, Christmas card lists
- Internet – booking tickets, online banking and shopping
- Email – attachments, contact lists, signatures
- Editing Photographs – basic editing with Windows Live Photo Gallery
- Using a USB Memory Stick – create, save and retrieve a document
Your learning will take place in a supportive and encouraging environment; working with the Tutor, Volunteer IT Buddies and other students to develop your understanding and knowledge. There will be some group work, discussions, independent practice as well as an opportunity for you to work in pairs.
The course runs for 10 weeks, 2 hours per week. We offer this course in several locations on different days through the school year.
Is there a cost?
This course costs £50.00 payable in advance, however we may be in a position to offer concessions (free) depending on your circumstances.
When do the classes start?
We have Improvers classes starting in Shirley and Chelmsley Wood throughout 2017.
How can you apply?
For more information please contact Jayne or Claire on 0121 663 0335 or email email@example.com.