Enrol for 2017 classes
This course is for the over 50’s and offers an introduction to using your own Tablet and getting online. Along with setting up and personalising your Tablet , this course will give you the knowledge and practice to use your Tablet confidently and independently.
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Navigate around your tablet
- Use the internet to search for information
- Use email to send and receive messages
- Install and uninstall apps
- There will also be an opportunity to agree with the Tutor and Group other areas of learning that are of particular interest to you.
Your learning will take place in a supportive and encouraging environment; working with the tutor, volunteer IT Buddies and other students to learn how to use your Tablet. There will be some group work and discussions that take place and independent practice. Students often support each other; this is a positive way of reinforcing what you have learnt.
The course runs for 6 weeks, 1.5 hours per week. We offer this course at Shirley Library on a Wednesday morning from 10:30am – 12.00pm throughout 2017.
Is there a cost?
This course is £30.00 payable in advance.
You will need to bring a notebook and pen and your Tablet, fully charged.
How can you apply?
For more information please contact the office on 0121 663 0335.