This information has been published by voluntary sector legal expert Sandy Adirondack. Here are a number of updates and advice for trustees on Governance.
Reporting serious incidents – England and Wales
Charity Commission consultation on revised guidance for reporting serious incidents ends 12 January (very soon!).
- Consultation until 3 February on draft governance code for charities in England and Wales (also relevant to non-charities).
- Complete revamp of Northern Ireland DIY committee website, which includes the NI good governance code and other governance resources.
- New governance code for sports organisations – compliance to be obligatory from April 2017 for any sports organisation applying for government or National Lottery funding.
All of these can be linked from www.sandy-a.co.uk/legalstatus.htm#governanceresources-trustees
Other recent governance resources
- Easy-read version of NCVO’s Good trustee guide, to support people with a learning disability who are or might become charity trustees.
- Updated guidance and good practice for trustees from OSCR for Scottish charities, plus an easy-read version.
- Two reports from New Philanthropy Capital: Above and beyond in trusteeship and What makes a good charity?
- Advising Communities continues some of the services of Community Matters.
Also all at www.sandy-a.co.uk/legalstatus.htm#governanceresources-trustees, following on from the governance codes.