Neighbourhood Planning Grants of £9,000 are available to groups writing a neighbourhood plan or neighbourhood development order. In addition, groups can also apply for a range of technical support measures.
Groups with complex issues such as:
- Neighbourhood Forums
- Clusters of Parishes
- High Growth areas
- Deprived areas
- Business led neighbourhood plans; and
- Neighbourhoods with populations of over 25,000
can apply for an additional grant of £6,000 in order to complete their plans.
Examples of what the grants can be used for include:
- Developing a website
- Training sessions for members of the steering group
- Help with putting together a project plan
- Undertaking a household survey
- Help with developing the evidence base
- Engaging a planning expert
- Venue hire, publicity materials, printing and other costs associated with consultation; etc.
Applications can be submitted at any time up to 31st December 2017.