The Woodward Charitable Trust offers Summer Playscheme grants of between £500 and £1,000 to registered charities for the provision of summer playschemes for children between the ages of 5 and 16 years. The charity’s annual income should be under £100,000. Approximately 35 grants are awarded each year for playschemes that run for a minimum of 2 weeks or 10 days across the summer holidays.
Preference is given to:
- small local playschemes;
- schemes that provide a wide-ranging programme of activities;
- schemes that involve a large number of children;
- schemes catering for those from disadvantaged backgrounds or that have a disability;
- schemes that are inclusive such as projects that work with children from a range of backgrounds, abilities and race; and
- schemes where past users are encouraged to come back and help as volunteers.
Funding is primarily for one-off projects, but the Trustees are willing to consider funding running costs (including core cost and salaries). Grants can only be paid to registered charities. Organisations that are not a registered charity can still apply but need the agreement of a registered charity to accept the grant on their behalf.
The deadline for applications for the October meeting of trustees is 31st July 2017.