Are you looking for a job that makes a difference?
SoLO Life Opportunities is a charity based in Solihull providing support to children and adults with learning disabilities.
We are looking for skilled Support Workers who are passionate about their role, to provide fun, exciting and meaningful daytime activities for adults with learning disabilities and complex needs.
Hours of work are Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm and are based in Chelmsley wood and central Solihull. Part-time applications will be welcomed.
- Experience and knowledge of supporting people with learning and/or physical disabilities
- Knowledge of safeguarding procedures relating to children and vulnerable adults
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Experience of working within a team
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Hold or agree to complete The Care Certificate within 12 weeks of appointment
- Hold or currently working towards a recognised social care & health qualification level 2 or above
- Understanding of Person Centred approach
- Full UK Driving License
Successful applicants must be able to work complete days, and will require an enhanced DBS check and 2 references. In return we will offer a competitive salary package, and ongoing comprehensive supervision & training.
Salary: £7.50 p/h
Benefits: 23 days paid annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time working patterns) and membership of People’s Pension scheme.
CLOSING DATE EXTENDED TO WEDNESDAY 7TH JULY
For more details and to complete an application please visit our website at www.solihullsolo.org or contact Alison Kaufmann or Margaret Sheikh on 0121 779 3865. Please do not send CV’s