This course is intended to develop and improve your computer skills whatever your starting level may be. By the end of the course you will have confidence in using a computer as well as learning new skills. You will also be introduced to the health and safety issues surrounding the safe working environment, including online security. This course will give you the knowledge and practice to use a computer effectively and be online confidently and independently.
What you will learn?
This is an 8 week course and by the end of the course you should be able to:
- Use a mouse and keyboard effectively
- Create,Save and Retrieve a document using Word Processing
- Use USB sticks to save and retrieve documents
- Use Email to send and receive messages ,including attachments ,contact lists
- Use the internet to search for information
- Understand the safe use of your computer
- There will be an opportunity to agree with the Tutor and Group other areas of learning that are of particular interest to you. e.g Digital photography, Spreadsheets with basic calculations
Is there a cost?
This course costs £50.00 payable in advance, however we may be in a position to offer concessions (free) depending on your circumstances.
When do the classes run?
Classes run in Chelmsley Wood and Shirley Libraries on Tuesdays, 10.00am-12.00pm and the course lasts for 8 weeks.
How can you apply?
For more information please contact Jayne or Claire on 0121 663 0335 or email email@example.com.
Download a flyer for the course (pdf file)