SoLO Life Opportunities are looking for Support Workers.
Are you looking for a rewarding job where you make a difference?
SoLO Life Opportunities is a charity based in Solihull providing support to children and adults with learning disabilities.
We are looking for Support Workers who are passionate about their role, to enable adults with a learning disability to live independent, fulfilling lives in their own home. You will support someone with daily living skills including housekeeping, personal health and wellbeing, and playing an active part in the community. Full time and part time roles available. Shifts will include days, evenings, weekends, (sleep in or waking night), and bank holidays on a rota basis. Opportunities currently exist for lead roles and complex care support which attract the higher pay scale shown below.
- Experience and knowledge of supporting people with learning disabilities
- Knowledge of safeguarding procedures
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Experience of working within a team
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Hold or agree to complete The Care Certificate within 12 weeks of appointment
- Hold or currently working towards a recognised social care & health qualification level 2 or above
- Understanding of Person Centred approach
- Full UK Driving License
Successful applicants must be able to work flexible shift patterns, and will require an enhanced DBS check and 2 references. In return we will offer a competitive salary package, and ongoing comprehensive supervision & training.
Salary: £7.85 – £8.27 p/h if over 21 years of age.
£6.40 – £6.64 p/h if under 21 years of age.
Benefits: All staff receive 23 days paid annual leave plus bank holiday allowance (pro rata), and membership of People’s Pension scheme, and we offer a comprehensive training and supervision programme.
If you are interested in this post and feel you meet our requirements please send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to discuss in more detail please contact Supported Living Manager, Julie Graham on 0121 779 3865