Could you be our next Chairman?
The Solihull Branch of the National Pensioners’ Convention is looking to appoint a new Chairman.
In existence for over 20 years, the objectives of the Pensioners’ Convention are to promote the welfare of older people living in Solihull and to ensure that the services and amenities provided by the responsible authorities at local, regional level are maintained and improved at a high standard throughout the area. In addition, we aim to support social and welfare activities for the benefit of the branch members and the community, together with affiliating to and actively supporting the West Midlands Pensioners’ Convention.
As Chairman you would be expected to:
- Chair the monthly Branch Meetings* and the bi-monthly Committee Meetings**.
- Represent the group on the West Midlands Pensioners’ Convention Committee (WMPC)
- Represent the Solihull Branch at functions/meetings e.g. the Council’s Vulnerable Road Users Group
- Lead the shaping of the programme of speakers for the year to reflect the aims of the group
*held at Solihull Methodist Hall on the fourth Wednesday of the month – 11am to 1pm with a variety of speakers and including a Summer lunch and a Christmas lunch
**with support from a Secretary, Treasurer and 3 members.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Well-developed communication and relationship management skills, and a strong commitment to the values of the Pensioners’ Convention.
- An understanding of the needs of older people living in Solihull
To find out more, or to apply for the role please contact :
Solihull Pensioners’ Convention
0121 705 3342