LSCB Report for SCVS –
- Further to carrying out Case Reviews, the voluntary sector was represented by Gina Ward and her colleague Lydia Bambury at the LSCB conference. Gina held a presentation on their findings of Safeguarding cases carried out on behalf of the VCS groups, including feedback about the VCS groups involvement and contribution to Safeguarding Children in Solihull.
- We are excellent at representing the voice of the child
- Frequency and quality of supervision has improved
- We don’t receive feedback further to referrals to Engage
- We have requested family friendly information on Early Help, to avoid VCS having to explain the system, that can change at times
- Requested training for manager to perform clinical supervision to assist with increase in complexity of cases including cases that don’t meet increased thresholds for children’s services
- I also attended the CSE Peer Review with commissioners and other local authorities to talk about the role VCS plays in preventing and supporting Child Sexual Exploitation in Solihull. I talked about how VCS operates to ensure itself we are doing our part and how this is communicated to the wider VCS community.
- Referrals to Engage, Children’s Social Care and the Youth Offending Service can now be referred from one place, see link below for source of referral form: https://eservices.solihull.gov.uk/childrenssocialworkservicereferral/
- Poor information sharing continues to be identified as a compounding factors that can lead to serious harm – find attached some myth busting guidance and further reliable information is available in the consultation Information sharing to protect vulnerable children and families; a report from the Centre of Excellence for Information Sharing July 2016.
- The next learning faculty meeting will take place on Wednesday 24th January 2018 at San Soucci 2 – 4pm. The topic for discussion will be special education needs and disabilities. Any practitioner/manager working with children young people, families and adults in Solihull can attend the learning faculty. To book a place email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Betty Lynch, Business Manager of LSCB has left and is being replaced by Steve Eccleston and the current chair is Dave Peplow.
There is also a myth-busting guidance sheet from LSCB on Information Sharing and Consent: