The Office of the police and crime commissioner is putting on three events to support community agencies with the 2018 Victims Fund application process. Event details are as follows;
- 19th March 2018 at Sandwell SCVO 10am-12pm 1st Floor. Lanchard House, Victoria Street, West Bromwich, B70 8ER.
- 20th March 2018 at Voluntary Action Coventry 2pm-4pm. 29 Warwick Rd, Coventry CV1 2ES
- 21st March 2018 at Lloyd House 2pm – 4pm Lloyd House. Colmore Circus Queensway, Birmingham B4 6NQ
Organisations across the West Midlands are being invited to submit applications to the Victims Fund. Opening on the 3rd April 2018, we will be taking applications from agencies through to the 1st June 2018. This competitive fund, commissioned by the OPCC seeks to improve outcomes for victims of crime across the West Midlands.
Organisations will be able to apply for up to £20,000 to deliver activities which directly support victims to cope and recover from their experience. We particularly welcome applications from the following sectors, identified as priorities in the Police and Crime Plan:
- Domestic abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Hate crime
- Female genital mutilation (FGM)
- Forced marriage and honour based violence
- Modern slavery
- Support services for children and young people
- Fatal road traffic collisions
- Child sexual exploitation
If you would like to come along to one of these events please book a place by emailing Harjeet Chakira on email@example.com. Please note places are available on a first come first served basis.