The Baily Thomas Charitable Fund provides project funding in the area of learning disability. The Trust considers under learning disability the conditions generally referred to as severe learning difficulties, together with autism.
They consider supporting projects concerning children or adults. The type of activities currently funded include:
- Capital works for residential, nursing and respite care, and schools
- Employment schemes including woodwork, crafts, printing and horticulture
- Play schemes and play therapy schemes; day and social activities centres including building costs and running costs
- Support for families, including respite schemes
- Independent living schemes
- Support in the community schemes
- Snoezelen rooms.
Applications will only be considered from voluntary organisations which are registered charities or are associated with a registered charity. Funding in the past has ranged in value from £250 to £150,000.
The deadline for funding above £10,000 is 1st December 2018.
Applications for project funding of £10,000 or less can be submitted at any time.
Visit their website at www.bailythomas.org.uk/