The Community Business Bright Ideas Fund supports community groups in England wanting to set up new community businesses.
Grants of up to £15,000, tailored business support as well as learning events are available to:
- Give community groups the support and tools required to start setting up their community business
- Provide them with the early stage finance to carry out consultations with local people and the opportunity for feasibility studies
- To develop a community business idea, that the community wants and needs.
The Community Business Bright Ideas Fund is managed by community support provider Locality and funded by Power to Change in partnership with Co-operatives UK, the Plunkett Foundation and Groundwork UK.
Eligible business projects will be:
- Locally rooted
- Accountable to the local community
- Trading for the benefit of the local community
- Delivering broad community benefit
This round will close on 31st July 2018.
Interested communities can now read the Guidance and Register for a FAQs webinar with a live Q&A.