Tthe Hilden Charitable Fund makes grants to projects that address disadvantage, notably by supporting causes which are less popular.
In particular, the Fund wants to support projects that address:
- Asylum seekers and refugees
- Community based initiatives for disadvantaged young people 16-25
- Penal affairs.
The average grant awarded is £5,000 and preference is given to supporting small community organisations with an income of less than £500,000 per year. The Trust will consider funding project as well as core running costs of organisations.
The type of actions funded in the past have included:
- schemes to enable young disadvantaged young people to receive job training and work experience;
- volunteering and confidence building for disadvantaged young people, education classes and skills training for refugees and migrants;
- night shelters, day centres and hostels for homeless people; and
- support services within a number of prisons.
The next closing date for applications is 11th September 2018.