Women’s organisations can apply for grants of between £5,000 and £25,000 for projects that aim to stop sexual harassment and abuse of women at work and within their communities.
The funding is being made available through the Justice and Equality Fund: Now’s the Time programme.
They will award up to £1 million through a Challenge Fund which asks: “What would you do toward ending sexual harassment?”
Through the programme they are looking to support:
- Prevention work (including education and other initiatives)
- Awareness-raising activities
- Grass-roots activism
- Work with groups and communities who might face additional barriers to getting their voices heard, or might be at higher risk of sexual harassment and abuse, to amplify those voices
- Work that tries out new ideas
- Innovative uses of tech/arts/sports/etc
- Work that replicates tried and tested approaches in new settings
- Work that others can learn from
They are particularly keen to see cross-sector partnerships where the expertise of specialist voluntary sector organisations at the forefront of this work is shared with others, to help drive broader change.
The closing date for applications is 27th September 2018. Applicants need to submit a short video explaining who they are, what they want to do and why they should be funded.