The Ministry of Defence (MoD) is offering funding for community celebration events and activities taking place on or around Saturday 29th June 2019 – Armed Forces Day 2019. Grants of up to £10,000 to cover up to 50% of the costs involved in running an event may be awarded.
Local councils, community organisations, schools, ex-service organisations and individuals in the UK are eligible to apply for events that:
- Are held on or within the weeks around Saturday 29th June 2019
- Have ‘Armed Forces’ in the event title
- Are relevant to today’s serving Armed Forces
- Have free access to members of the ‘Armed Forces Family’ – Serving personnel, Veterans, Cadets and their Families (though charges may be made for parking, programs etc.)
- Are not centered around Fundraising or Recruitment.
The Armed Forces Day website provides ideas, inspiration and resources including posters and decoration ideas. There is a dedicated resource page for schools that includes assembly kits.
The deadline for submitting applications is Monday 30th April 2019. Event organisers should in the first instance register their event on the Armed Forces Day website.