The Community Business Bright Ideas Fund supports aspiring community groups in England wanting to set up new community businesses.
Grants of up to £15,000, tailored business support as well as learning events are available to:
- Give community groups the support and tools required to start setting up their community business
- Provide them with the early stage finance to carry out consultations with local people and the opportunity for feasibility studies
- To develop a community business idea, that the community wants and needs.
Community support provider Locality is delivering Bright Ideas on behalf of Power to Change in partnership with Co-operatives UK, the Plunkett Foundation and Groundwork UK.
Eligible business projects will be:
- Locally rooted
- Accountable to the local community
- Trading for the benefit of the local community
- Delivering broad community benefit
This Round closes on Tuesday 9th April 2019.
There will be additional funding rounds in:
- August – September 2019,
- February 2020 – April 2020,
- August – September 2020,
- February 2021 – March 2021.